1 ¼ cup whipping cream
680g cream cheese
½ cup sugar
2tbsp icing sugar
¼ cup sour cream
2tsp lemon juice
1tsp vanilla extract
500g butter (melted)
2 packs Griffin’s Super Wine biscuits (crushed)
2 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
¾ cup caster sugar
2 lemons (juice & zest)
1. Mix the crushed biscuit crumbs and melted butter together. Press into the base of a well greased 21cm spring form cake tin.
2. Bake for 10 minutes at 150°C. Wait to cool.
3. For the lemon curd, whisk eggs and sugar in saucepan then place on low heat.
4. Add butter, zest and juice of the lemons and whisk continuously until thick. Cool.
5. Whip the cream until heavy peaks set aside.
6. Beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth and creamy, then add the remaining ingredients (apart from cream) until smooth and combined.
7. Gently fold whipped cream in.
8. Add the cheesecake mixture to the base, and top with the lemon curd.
9. Put into fridge to chill overnight.
Griffin’s, New Zealand’s favourite biscuit bakers, has been delighting Kiwis' taste buds for over 150 years. Whether it is a seriously dunkable Gingernut or a truly indulgent ToffeePop, everyone has a favourite Griffin’s bikkie.View Our Range