1x packet of Griffin’s MallowPuffs biscuits
1x packet of white jumbo marshmallows
Prepared black fondant*
1. Take two small pieces of white fondant, soften and place one piece between two marshmallows to stick them together.
2. Place the second piece between the base of one marshmallow and one MallowPuff to form the shape of the ghost. Wait for the fondant to dry.
3. Then roll out the rest of the white fondant with a rolling pin. Cut 6 inch circles out and roll out some more, ensuring that there is a thicker layer of fondant in the centre of the circle that gradually gets thinner at the edges. This will stop the fondant from cracking when draped over the head and have flowing folds at the base.
4. Once rolled out, drape the circle of white fondant over the top of your shape. Arrange the bottom of the fondant into the soft folds of the ghost. Trim off any excess from the bottom - your ghost is supposed to look scary not shabby!
5. Using the black fondant, roll a tiny amount into a circle in your hands. Flatten it with a finger so you have a small disc of black fondant. Take a small brush and dip it into water, brush the backside of the fondant disc. Place the disc onto the ghost where you'd like the mouth to be located.
6. Repeat this step two more times for the eyes with slightly less fondant, then decorate your table with these delicious Halloween delights.
*Can be purchased from supermarkets and specialist stores.
Griffin’s, New Zealand’s favourite biscuit bakers, has been delighting Kiwis' taste buds for over 150 years. Whether it is a seriously dunkable Gingernut or a truly indulgent ToffeePop, everyone has a favourite Griffin’s bikkie.View Our Range