Ingredients for the base:
1x packet of Griffin’s MallowPuffs biscuits
Ingredients for the icing:
1 cup icing sugar
2 drop yellow food colouring
2 drop red food colouring and extra for brushing
4 drops pink food colouring
Prepared white fondant*
1. In a bowl, mix icing sugar with water, slowly adding in more liquid until the texture of toothpaste is formed.
2. Mix the pink, red and yellow food colouring together in a separate bowl. Put the colour mix into the icing bowl a drop at a time until desired colour is achieved.
3. Spread on top of the Mallow Puffs using a knife and put aside to start setting.
4. Using the white fondant, roll 20 thick ropes. Position on top of the Mallow Puffs in a wave pattern (as shown) to look as brainish as you can.
5. With a brush, paint the brains with food colouring mixture until desired colour is achieved.
6. Just before serving, paint red food colouring on the brains to create that realistic glisten.
*Can be purchased from supermarkets and specialist stores.
Griffin’s, New Zealand’s favourite biscuit bakers, has been delighting Kiwis' taste buds for over 150 years. Whether it is a seriously dunkable Gingernut or a truly indulgent ToffeePop, everyone has a favourite Griffin’s bikkie.View Our Range