For the vanilla cup cake:
125 grams butter, softened
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 eggs, beaten
1 ¼ cups self-raising flour, sifted
1/4 cup milk
6 teaspoons of crunchy peanut butter
For the peanut buttercream icing:
150g butter, softened
2 cups of icing sugar
2-3 tablespoons hot water
4 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
2 x packs Toffee Pops Peanut
Store bought caramel sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line 12 standard muffin cups with paper cases.
2. In a bowl beat the butter, sugar and vanilla essence together until light and fluffy. Add the beaten eggs a little at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Fold in the sifted flour alternately with the milk. Divide the mixture evenly among the paper cases, leaving approximately 3 tablespoons of mixture aside.
4. Place ½ a teaspoon of crunchy peanut butter in the centre of each muffin cup, top with just enough of the reserve batter to cover the peanut butter.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until well risen and golden.
6. Meanwhile, for the icing, beat the butter until smooth, pale and fluffy. Gradually add the icing sugar, half a cup at a time, with enough of the hot water to make a creamy mixture, beating between each addition until fluffy. Lastly add peanut butter and continue beating until fully combined.
7. Pipe icing onto cooled cupcakes and decorate with a Toffee Pops Peanut biscuit and caramel sauce.
Makes 12 cupcakes.
Griffin’s, New Zealand’s favourite biscuit bakers, has been delighting Kiwis' taste buds for over 150 years. Whether it is a seriously dunkable Gingernut or a truly indulgent ToffeePop, everyone has a favourite Griffin’s bikkie.View Our Range