1 packet of Griffin's Lemon Treats
1½ L (approx) vanilla ice cream
1 cup frozen raspberries and/or strawberries
6 egg whites
1½ cup caster sugar
To make the base:
1. Line a 7-8 inch cake tin with baking paper.
2. Using a food processor, crush up the Lemon Treats until smooth and press into the cake tin. Place in freezer to chill for 30 mins.
1. Soften the ice cream and mix in frozen berries and pack into the cake tin on top of the biscuit base. Put back into freezer for at least a couple of hours.
When ready to serve:
1. Put oven on grill (or use a blow torch)
2. Whisk egg whites until stiff peaks form and add sugar slowly in one tablespoon amounts.
3. Take the biscuit and meringue out of freezer and remove from cake tin and put on baking paper on oven proof tray.
4. Pile the meringue on the top and sides making sure to leave no gaps.
5. Put in oven for a minute or two until top is caramelised.
Serve and enjoy! (Any leftovers can be placed back into freezer).
Griffin’s, New Zealand’s favourite biscuit bakers, has been delighting Kiwis' taste buds for over 150 years. Whether it is a seriously dunkable Gingernut or a truly indulgent ToffeePop, everyone has a favourite Griffin’s bikkie.View Our Range