1x packet of Griffin’s Gingernuts biscuits
Ready made ginger cake/loaf*
850g can black doris plums and liquid
250ml purchased custard
Ginger ale or sherry for soaking biscuits
A few berries for garnish (optional)
1. Cut cake into chunky pieces.
2. Cut plums in half and discard the stones.
3. Soak Gingernuts in ginger ale or sherry until slightly soft and break in half.
1. Whisk the custard and cream together to form soft peaks.
2. Place cake in the base of the trifle bowl, then spoon over black doris plums, cream and Gingernuts. Repeat the layering until the bowl is full.
3. Place in the fridge, covered, for at least a couple of hours or overnight for the flavours to mould together. Garnish with some whole berries when ready to serve and get ready for all the compliments!
*Can be purchased from supermarkets and specialist stores.
Griffin’s, New Zealand’s favourite biscuit bakers, has been delighting Kiwis' taste buds for over 150 years. Whether it is a seriously dunkable Gingernut or a truly indulgent ToffeePop, everyone has a favourite Griffin’s bikkie.View Our Range