250 grams butter
500g icing sugar
1 Tablespoon milk
½ cup of Nutella
2 packets of Griffin’s Marvels Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
125g chopped Hazelnuts
To make the buttercream filling:
- Melt the butter slightly.
- Stir the icing sugar and milk together slowly and add the butter. Add more milk if it’s looking too dry.
- Stir through the Nutella.
- Place the mixture into a piping bag and line up 8 Griffin’s Marvels Chocolate Hazelnut cookies (flat side up).
- Pipe the mixture on to each cookie.
- Sandwich another Griffin’s Marvels cookie on top.
- Dip the sides of each completed cookie sandwich into a bowl of chopped hazelnut to cover.
- To finish; drizzle the top with melted chocolate.
To melt chocolate:
- Roughly chop the chocolate into small pieces.
- Put chocolate pieces into the bottom of a metal or glass bowl, making sure it’s heat-proof.
- Place bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Bring about an inch of water to a simmer in your saucepan. Set the heatproof bowl in the mouth of the pot, making sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Stir the chocolate as it softens. When you have just a few small unmelted chunks, remove the bowl from heat (residual heat will melt the rest).
Griffin’s, New Zealand’s favourite biscuit bakers, has been delighting Kiwis' taste buds for over 150 years. Whether it is a seriously dunkable Gingernut or a truly indulgent ToffeePop, everyone has a favourite Griffin’s bikkie.View Our Range