250g Griffin's Malt biscuits
100g butter (melted)
½ cup cornflour
1½ cups caster sugar
1½ cups lemon juice
1¼ cups water
2 tsp lemon rind
1. Put the Malt biscuits into a food processor and blend until like breadcrumbs.
2. Add 100g butter (melted) and mix.
3. Press biscuit mixture into a flan tin, refrigerate.
4. Mix cornflour and ½ cup caster sugar in saucepan, gradually stirring in lemon juice and water. Stir on a high heat until boiling and the mixture is thick. Reduce heat and simmer.
5. Remove from heat and stir in extra butter, egg yolks and lemon rind. Let cool for 10 – 15 minutes.
6. Spread mixture over biscuit base, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
7. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form, add remaining caster sugar, beating until sugar dissolves.
8. Spread the meringue mixture over base forming peaks. Bake in the oven until meringue is slightly browned.
Griffin’s, New Zealand’s favourite biscuit bakers, has been delighting Kiwis' taste buds for over 150 years. Whether it is a seriously dunkable Gingernut or a truly indulgent ToffeePop, everyone has a favourite Griffin’s bikkie.View Our Range