Melting Moments Strawberry Tart
This recipe is a great way to take advantage of strawberry season - a fruity dessert always goes down a treat over the summer!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 2 medium tarts, each tart could feed approximately 2 people.
Recipe: Quacclynn, our Super Baker from Wanganui
½ packet of Griffin's Melting Moments, blended to make crumbs
2½ Tbsp of melted butter
¼ - ½ cup white choc chips (optional)
1 box of strawberry jelly
1 cup of hot water
2 -3 ice cubes
1 tsp gelatine (optional)
1 punnet strawberries
For the Base:
1. Combine biscuit crumbs with melted butter (should look like wet sand) and place into tart/pie dishes. Spread crumbs up the sides of the dishes making a wall. Place into the fridge for 10 minutes.
2. Melt white chocolate chips (if using) and spread a thin layer over the biscuit base - this will act as a guard, preventing a soggy bottom. Once covered place bases back into the fridge while preparing the filling.
1. Place jelly crystals into a bowl or glass jug with 1 tsp of gelatine, add the boiling water and mix until crystals are dissolved. Set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Dice strawberries into slices or small pieces and place to the side.
3. Add ice cubes to jelly mix and stir until ice cubes have melted. Jelly mix will have cooled down and will start to thicken.
4. Pull out the biscuit bases, add strawberry slices and top with jelly mix.
5. Refrigerate for at least a couple hours but overnight is better.
Serve on its own or with whipped cream!
Griffin’s, New Zealand’s favourite biscuit bakers, has been delighting Kiwis' taste buds for over 150 years. Whether it is a seriously dunkable Gingernut or a truly indulgent ToffeePop, everyone has a favourite Griffin’s bikkie.View Our Range