100g butter, melted
1pack Griffin's Caramel Snaps (reserve 2 biscuits for topping)
500g cream cheese, at room temperature
l Tbsp vanilla extract
¼ cup icing sugar
100g milk chocolate, melted
1. Line the bottom and sides of a square dish with baking paper. Use soft butter or spray oil to help the paper stick.
2. Melt butter, add butter to a small heatproof bowl and microwave in 30 second bursts, until melted. Alternatively, add butter to a small pot and heat on low, until melted. Use a food processor to blitz biscuits to a fine crumb, alternatively place in a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to crush. Combine with melted butter until it starts to look like wet sand.
3. Press crumb into base of prepared dish. Use a spoon or the bottom of a glass or measuring cup to do this. Place in the freezer to chill while you make the filling.
4. In a large bowl or bowl of your stand mixer, whip together room temperature cream cheese, cream, vanilla and icing sugar for about l minute, until stiff peaks form.
5. Dollop filling onto chilled base and spread out evenly.
6. Melt chocolate in the microwave or in a bowl over a pot of simmering water. Stir through cream, until smooth
combined. Spread over cheesecake. Crush remaining 2 biscuits and sprinkle around the boarder of cheesecake. Place in the freezer for l hour to set.
7. Remove cheesecake from dish and slice the cheesecake into squares with a sharp knife, wiping between each cut to create a clean slice.
Griffin’s, New Zealand’s favourite biscuit bakers, has been delighting Kiwis' taste buds for over 150 years. Whether it is a seriously dunkable Gingernut or a truly indulgent ToffeePop, everyone has a favourite Griffin’s bikkie.View Our Range